Thursday, October 7, 2010

Slowing down...

Mid-semester in the MFA and I'm starting to feel a little adrift. It doesn't help me to know that others are feeling the same way. In the first two months and change, I wrote between 70 and 80 thousand words (I could do the math, but, quite frankly, lack the energy). Now I'm having a hard time getting back into the book. I know that if I applied myself, hit it at the same pace I did the first two-thirds, I could be done with the first draft in something like a month. Or less. I've been told by a classmate that it's okay to slow down after writing so much so quickly, but I'm having a hard time coming to grips with it personally.

Maybe after this week, which is devoted to revising a short story, I'll be back in the mood to write again.

Also, I'm writing this for myself. Sorry if I've just bored you to tears. If you made it this far into the post, I guess you deserve a treat. Here, look at this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that video.

Hang in there, Adam. YOU CAN DO IT!