Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fameish

The Moth Radio Hour, which features people telling true stories in front of an audience without any notes, has a podcast component. I ran across this story by Steve Burns. Burns used to be the host of Blue's Clues. For reasons I don't want to go into right now (I was a sad loser...) I used to watch this show a lot despite the fact that I was not eight-years-old at the time that it aired. Anyway, here Burns tells a story about parlaying his small bit of fame into dating a Playboy model/stripper. It's funny and poignant, like a lot of the best stories featured on the Moth.

Here's a link to where you can listen to the story.

1 comment:

Stephanie Matlock Allen said...

Pssst.... My siblings and I were a bit obsessed with "Blue's Clues," too, and we were certainly not 8 years old. I was really hoping that my adult life would include the need for a tiny notebook and a giant crayon, but alas, it hasn't worked out that way. Anwyay, I'll definitely listen to the story. Thanks for the link!