Monday, September 13, 2010

Don't Let Us Get Sick

Another old post:

I seem to have rediscovered Warren Zevon. And, perhaps because of my darker mood in this dreary season, I am fixated on his later albums, especially Life'll Kill Ya and The Wind. I have to admit that I feel like I'm punishing myself a bit when I listen to these albums. While I love them, they make me sad thinking about Zevon's premature death, about my own impending mortality and those of my loved ones.

So I figured, Why not share the joy? Below you'll find another Warren Zevon video. This one is made by a fan and is a slide show of photos of Zevon from throughout his career. The song is Don't Let Us Get Sick, a song I can't seem to get out of my head lately. I find myself singing it to Oscar when I'm trying to get him to sleep. I am already saving for his future therapy bill.

Enjoy.

No comments: