From my defunct blog:
I found this on Karen Healey's LiveJournal. I decided I wanted to play along.
Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity. (NB: until I get bored.)
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
Here are Karen's questions to me:
1. What was the best movie you saw this year?
Hands down, the best movie I've seen so far this year was The Hurt Locker, Katherine Bigelow's film about a bomb disposal unit in Iraq. Beautifully acted, gorgeously shot and a powerful script. As near perfect a movie as I've seen in quite some time.
2. Who do you count as family that you're not actually related to?
A childhood friend with whom I grew up, Aaron Billingsley. No matter how long we go without contacting one another, we always fall back into a very easy relationship. In a lot of ways, my relationship with him is easier than my relationship with my actual family.
3. Who do you most admire?
That's a good question. I don't know if I have an answer. I'm afraid I'm too cynical to admire anyone, but if I can think of someone, I'll edit this post and add it.
4. What's your wildest ambition?
That I might be able to support my family with my writing.
5. How have you been awesome lately?
I feel like I'm finally taking my life and my career seriously.