Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Northwest Comics Fest!

This weekend, August 15th and 16th, I will be a guest at the inaugural Northwest Comics Fest. The brainchild of Casey Ocupe, the Fest looks like it should be a blast. Check out the story featured on OregonLive this week for a few more details.

I'll be at booth #14 along with Karen Morey. Karen and I will also be giving a panel on Saturday. The name of the panel is something about networking, and I'm sure we'll talk about that a bit, but we aim to talk about all sorts of things concerning publishing.

The fest also has a film component and in addition to me tabling and doing a panel, there will also be two screenings of a short film I wrote which takes place in the Zomburbia universe (though it's an entirely new story) called "Monster Movie." The film will screen on Friday, the 14th at 12:51 p.m. and Saturday it will play 1:40 p.m. A lot of very talented folks helped to make this short a reality and I hope some people get to see it there. More info can be found at the Northwest Comic Fest- Film Fest Facebook page.

If you'll be in the Salem area, I hope you come by and say hello. I should have copies of all my books (except Star Wars: Infinites which is currently out of print) and I'll happily sign anything shoved in front of me.


No comments: