Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pimping my friends in an attempt to feel better

It's late, and I'm tired and grumpy, so just a little something to make this actually count as a blog entry.
Actually, I think something that will make me feel better is to tell you about something one of my friends has done. Jenn Brissett has written a novel that is getting all kinds of amazing notice. Elysium is a new and notable book at Locus Magazine, it's been well reviewed at places like Publishers Weekly, The Washington Post and i09. And. AND it's nominated for a Philip K Dick award. I haven't yet had the chance to read it, but it's on my short-list, and I've heard from a few people I truly respect that it's nothing shot of amazing. Jenn and I went to Stonecoast together and she was one of those folks who were ahead of me that I wanted to keep an eye on. And with good reason. On top of having written a great book, she's also super nice.

You should all check out her book, and tell her that I told you to do it, okay?

There. I do feel better.

Here are tonight's numbers:
Daily word count: 1,466
Novel word count: 53,143

1 comment:

jenn said...

Aww, thanks Adam! ♡