Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another nice review

I awoke this morning to an email from my editor at Simon and Schuster pointing me to a very nice, very perceptive review on girl-wonder.org. Girl-Wonder is a site that I follow which looks at comics through a -- not a feminist lens necessarily, but certainly through a female-positive one. The tag line on the site is, "Because capes aren't just for boys." Given the characters I write, I'd hoped Girl-Wonder would notice my little comic and think well of it. Mission accomplished!

The review is written by Karen Healey who clues into one of the major themes I want to explore with 100 Girls. She may be the first person, is certainly the first reviewer, to do so. Read the review to see what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't shy away from the F-word: we totally look at comics through a feminist lens. Thanks for noticing us, and congratulations on your book!

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you don't shy away from calling yourselves feminists. I generally tend to shy away from applying labels on folks unless I know for sure it's a term they use themselves.

And I have to admit that I noticed your site because the wondrous Katie Moody introduced me to it. Since then, however, I do keep up with your site's doings.

Keep up the good work.