Sunday, October 21, 2007

I give you the Kreutz Gallardo sprout



Look what I did. With, uh, some help from Melissa.

No, it's true. Melissa and I have decided to spawn. The attached photo is a scan of our first ultrasound. Say hello to the Sprout. We do not yet know the gender (not until about week 20) and so have no name for our progeny. Melissa just enter the second trimester and is happy that she is no longer constantly nauseated. I am less happy as she is offering me less of the food she can't finish.

As some of you may know, I was a guy who had never even considered marriage until I met Melissa and the thought of having a kid was less than a remote possibility. I feel as surprised by this as anyone. The fact that I am looking forward to raising a wee one. I hope I can do a good job. I know I'll have lot's of help and advice.

I reckon that this space will now be where I work out, in public view, some of the things I'm going through as we prepare for the Sprout. In addition to all of the other things I usually write about.

Speaking of which: I now feel like I have a definite deadline as far as getting some writing done is concerned. We're looking at an April 28th due date. I can't imagine that much will get done when the Sprout first arrives. Fitting the writing into the new life style should prove interesting. Anyone out there doing the same kinds of things?

Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

Aaron said...

I know exactly what you mean, Adam. After five weeks, I haven't found the time to do much of anything other than eat, sleep (much less sleep for Stefanie) and take care of little Alex. I'm hopeful that things will calm down around three months. If we can get into a routine, that should make things easier for all of us. Good luck, and congratulations, soon-to-be-dad!

Anonymous said...

mate big congrats! did you tell me this piece of important life info when we were last on the phone and i just completely spaced? well if i did space then I get the pleasure of congratulating you for a second time!

you're going to have to start doing comics for toddlers soon.